Follow my blog with Bloglovin
I know it’s almost July, so this is a little late but I’ve been saving so many pictures onto my laptop of things I want to wear this summer that I have to do something with them so here they are! Tah-dah! As you can tell, I haven’t quite got this phtoto editing thing down yet…I was inspired by my amazingly creative friend’s blog: http://www.MeganTillotson.com. Seriously, if you have a second checkout her blog Yours Ever where
she blogs her delicious recipes, fantastic art and fashion inspiration, and fun DIY projects.
This summer I have been doing a lot of painting using watercolors (mostly birds and feathers) I don’t know if it’s the lightness of the watercolors or the bright colors I’ve been drawn to while painting that fits perfectly with all things summer. Here are a few of my watercolors from the last few days just to show you the mood I’ve been in lately!
And THEN, I found this beautiful Tracy Reese dress that reminded me of a watercolor painting of a summer sunset and the rest is history. I love summer because one of my favorite things to do is traveling. Maybe I am sad since I am not traveling anywhere very exciting this summer; which for me translates as: requiring a passport, becoming uncomfortably sunburnt, spending a week packing my bag, and stuffing myself to an uncomfortable level with food in the name of vacation! Viva la vacation!
So for me, my summer traveling essentials are as follows: a sturdy leather satchel, comfortable walking sandals, a camera and a journal (or in this case watercolor kit!)
So in my dream world, this is what you see me in as we rode past each others on our bikes in Paris.
1. Quay Oh Mi Half Round Glasses found at Asos Online for approximately $50.00
2. Plenty by Tracy Reese Riveting Reflections Dress sold at mod cloth for $248.00
3. Minox Classic Digital Mini Camera sold at Urban Outfitters for $250.00
4. Sasha Toe Loop Sandals sold at Anthropologie for $88.00
5. Kate Spade New York Pueblo Tile iPhone 5 Case at Piperlime for $40.00
6. Stingray Crescent Necklace at Anthropologie for $88.00
7. Cambridge Satchel Upwardly Mobile Satchel in Yellow at mod cloth $164.99
8. Watercolor Postcards, A Portable Studio at Anthropologie for 18.95
In reality, you can find me browsing the thrift stores looking for anything resembling the above items in the slightest and that don’t smell like moth balls.